Instant pot carrot soup with orange and coconut milk
A bright orange, mildly spiced and sweet soup.Print Pin
- Instant Pot
- 3 med. large carrots peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tbs oil
- 3 cup vegetable bouillon
- 1 Tbs mild curry powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp powdered ginger substitute with 1" fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 leaves lime leaves frozen or dried.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 orange
- ¼ cup smoky bacon bits
- Turn on your Instant pot and set to simmer. Add one tbsp oil.
- Add the diced onions and carrots and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, the curry, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.
- Close the lid and set on pressure cook for 6 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 8 minutes.
- Release the left over pressure from the Instapot by setting the valve to 'vent'. Remove the lid.
- Cut the orange peel from the orange. This is called 'peller à vif' in the professional kitchen. We'll use the complete orange. No need to press. Cut the orange in large pieces.
- Add the orange and coconut milk to the soup.
- Transfer to a blender and puree the soup to a very smooth liquid. You can use an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving and garnish
- Garnish with smokey bacon bits.