Poultry seasoning is the perfect blend of spices that originally was used to add to any chicken or turkey dishes, your favourites soups and stuffing recipes. Us it in any vegan dishes and soups to add a wonderful flavour. It only contains six easy-to-get herbs you can find in any supermarket. Since you are reading this post, I assume you are interested in spice mixes, so chances are big you have already all these herbs and spice in your pantry.
You can buy Poultry Seasoning in the store or online (affiliate link). The benefit from making it at home is that it only contains the ingredients you like and nothing else.
In Belgium, we have 'chicken seasoning' as a spice blend that can be found in almost every kitchen. This spice blend contains completely different spices though. This blend can be used for chicken but - just like the poultry seasoning - also to season every dish you like - baked potatoes someone?
- optional: spice grinder
- 4 tsp dried sage
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried marjoram substitute with 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp ground black or white pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- When using dried herbs to start with will give a long-lasting spice blend in the end.
- Just whisk all the spices together and keep it in an airtight container. You'll be able to keep it up to six months at room temperature.
- You can blend everything in a spice grinder to have a thinner texture.